Hello! Before I talk about my goals for 2017, I would just like to thank everyone for welcoming me to WordPress on Sunday. I really like this website a lot so I’m appreciative for all the love on my first blog post. 🙂
So for this year, I decided I would not set myself any New Year’s Resolutions (because who actually sticks to them for the whole year?) and I decided I’d set myself goals instead so I wouldn’t feel as bad when it came to reflecting my year. My 2017 has already started off amazing and I hope that it stays that way and I also hope that all of you reading have an amazing year because you all deserve it. 🙂 Anyway onto my goals for the next year…
I have some completely random goals for this year but they are things that I wanted to start doing at the end of 2016 but never did (I’m lazy okay). My 2017 goals are:
- Care more for my skin – in 2016 I didn’t really focus a lot on my skin’s care which led to majority of it being quite unhealthy. At the end of the year, I decided to change this around and start focusing more on my skin (but because it’s me and I’m lazy I did this for about 2 days and gave up). Once Christmas was out of the way, I was more determined than ever to care more for my skin as I’ve been getting more spots on my face and my skin’s becoming more dry (soz if this is too tmi) and it’s started to gross me out. This is why I have decided to make this one of my 2017 goals as it really needs to be sorted out.
- Find a job – I started realising in 2016 that I needed to start earning money as I’m always poor (I went into December with £2 to my name… Literally) and I can’t keep relying on my parents for money as they have things they need/want to buy as well. So I decided to sign up for Indeed – the job website – and started to look for jobs, even though it has been unsuccessful as all of the local jobs are absolute rubbish. But I am more determined than ever to get a job so I’m going to be searching for a job like a mad woman (this was 100% me on the 1st January).
- Focus on blogging and try and stick to it – I’ve set this as one of my goals as I have done blogging before, but I quit after 6 months of it because of Year 11 (stressful or what). I did try again at the start of 2016, but I gave up again because exams were getting closer. So I have decided that 2017 is the year I actually try and stick to blogging – and so far I am and I am loving every minute it.
- Travel somewhere – I’m going to be serious now: I haven’t been on holiday since August 2015. I know. I miss travelling. I have decided that I want to go visit somewhere this year and spend a couple of days there so I can relax and explore (not anywhere hot though as I become a snowman and start to melt). I absolutely love travelling so I’m hoping that if I get a job soon enough and save up some money, I could possibly go back to London or go somewhere new and properly go exploring.
- Learn to drive – I turn 17 this year – Hurrah! – which means I can officially learn to drive. Seeing as my birthday is super close to the summer holidays I’m hoping that I can learn quite a lot during that period of time so I can drive by the end of year (I may be pushing it but I don’t want to keep getting the bus everyday to get to college).
- And finally, get good grades in my AS exams – the worst set of exams I will have to sit in my life (until A2 obviously). I am already worrying about it even though I only have 1 subject to properly revise for (it’s history and I’m not good at the Russian bit, but the British bit I am good at). So I am hoping that I do well so I can carry onto my second year and get full A Levels in my chosen subjects.
These are all of my 2017 goals and I think that it’ll be fun once the year is over to see if I have achieved any of these (I’m aiming for at least one). I hope you have have enjoyed reading and comment down below your goals for this year and what you hope to have achieved by the time 2018 rolls around.