Today’s blog post is going to be me mentioning all of the reasons as to why I hate winter and why I’ll be glad once it’s over. 🙂
I’m not gonna lie, I used to be a person who absolutely loved winter and it used to be my absolute favourite season… However, I recently realised that it’s not and I’ve been lying to myself for years about this.
Winter in the UK (that’s where I live if you were wondering) is absolutely freezing. (I know it’s colder in other countries, but for all of us Brits, it’s absolutely freezing.) If you have never met a Brit before, all we seem to talk about/moan about is the weather. For example: if the weather gets the tiniest bit too hot, we moan about it being too hot and vice versa for when it’s too cold.
From living almost 17 years in the UK, I have realised that majority of people that live here, prefer warm weather than cold weather. Thankfully, in this case, I am not the only person who feels the same about winter. When I’m waiting for my bus, I hear people complain about it being cold. In lessons at college, I hear people complain and talk about it being cold. IT’S THE BIGGEST TOPIC IN THE UK!
Anyways… onto reasons as to why I can’t wait until winter is over:
- The first reason is because it’s cold. As I mentioned above, us Brits hate the cold. I have never realised before how much I hated the cold before this year. It’s the worst. I have to sometimes wait ages in the cold for my bus to get home or to even get to college… It’s made me hate the cold even more. I have realised that I prefer warmer weather.
- The weather is goddamn awful. Whenever winter rolls around, the weather gets worse. This doesn’t just mean temperature, it means rain, wind and grey, gloomy days. The worst kind of days. (I find that on these types of days, people are more tired.) I genuinely will be glad when BST starts next month so this will hopefully change!!!! 😀
- Nothing exciting happens in winter. Now, the only good thing about winter is Christmas. As soon as that is out of the way (and possibly New Years), what is there to look forward to in winter? The answer to this question is nothing. Nothing exciting happens once the festive season is over with. The next exciting thing to happen is in spring, which is Easter, and even then you have to wait months for that. Personally, I wish that winter finished as soon as the festive season finishes and then spring and summer can roll around.
- Not being able to go outside without a coat and not freezing to death.
- And finally, people are happier in the warmer weather. I mean, not when the temperature is at the hottest of the whole year, but when it’s bearable, pretty much everyone is happy.
Now, I know this whole blog post has probably just seemed like I’ve been moaning and complaining (it’s what us Brits do!), but there are some good things about winter. For example: Christmas and being all cosy when you’re at home. I’m just writing this blog post as I’m so excited for spring this year, more than I ever have been before, and I just want the warmer weather to arrive faster. 🙂
That’s all that I have for this blog post. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this blog post as much as I’ve enjoyed writing and comment down below your favourite season. 🙂